The Market is not a permanent structure with a street address. It’s a section of pavement between Haddon Avenue and the High-Speed PATCO train to Philadelphia known as the Speedline. It sets up Saturday mornings from the first of May until the Saturday before Thanksgiving, from 8am until noon, and by 2pm the only way to identify the location is by the sponsor banners flying from the utility poles.
For mapping purposes, use 713 North Atlantic Avenue, Collingswood as an address. That’s actually the Collingswood Police Station, but it’s the closest named building.
The market is located in Collingswood’s flourishing downtown business district, situated only 10 minutes from Center City Philadelphia by car and by PATCO Hi-Speedline.
The Towers. Once you get close, the Market can be found easily by looking up—for 2 water towers. The Market occupies the parking lot near the base of the two blue water towers in the center of town.
- If you enter town on Haddon Avenue, turn right onto Collings Avenue at the traffic light in the middle of town, then left into the entrance to the Community Center just before you reach the Speedline.
- If you enter town on Collings Avenue, make a right turn into the entrance to the Community Center, just after coming under the Speedline.
- If you enter town on PATCO, exit the turnstiles and head left, which is west, in the direction of Philadelphia. Walk along the PATCO tracks for about a block and a half and you will see the Market.
Coming from Farther?
Click on Directions in the When/Where menu on the front page.
- PATCO Collingswood Station parking along Atlantic Ave. extends right up to the Irvin Avenue entrance of the Market and is ample and free.
- Free street parking along the Market section of Atlantic Avenue and neighboring streets.
- Free parking in lots just north of the Market both west and east of the Police station.
- Kiosk and meter parking along Haddon Avenue.
- Kiosk parking in the Lumberyard Garage on Collings Avenue across from the Community Center.
Photo of the entrance to the Lumberyard Garage