Perfect Market weather. Sunny skies with 50% humidity and temps in the Mid-80s. Grab your reusable shopping bags and COME ON OUT!
News from our Official Market Bloggers
VEGAN ASPARAGUS LEEK QUICHE
• Vegan Asparagus and Leek Quiche. Christine Clark (The Coveted Kitchen). Christine uses Viereck Farms asparagus and leeks from Flaim Farms to produce a vegan delight using tofu for cheese. LINK HERE.
STRAWBERRY CHICKEN GORGONZOLA
• Strawberry Chicken with Gorgonzola. Donna Hutchinson (My Tasty Journey) makes an unexpected sweet & savory combo: Chicken with strawberry sauce and gorgonzola. LINK HERE.
STRAWBERRY SWEET CROSTINI
• Strawberry Sweet Crostini. Patricia DiJulio (SOUTHJERSEYGIRLSGRUB). Patricia paired Springdale Farms strawberries with bread from Villa Barone to produce a rustic strawberry jam crostini. LINK HERE.
What’s in Season
DanLynn Organic Farms “Huge lettuce sale” on heads and bags of mixed lettuce. Certified Organic: Basil, Cilantro, Collards, Kale, Mint, Parsley, Unpopped Popcorn, Basil Seedlings, Swiss Chard, and Yellow Squash. Non-Organic: Free-range Eggs.
Hillacres Pride. On special this week: short ribs and tri-tip from our pastured Jersey beef (the breed, not the state). Seasonal strawberry fresh cheese (try a sample!). Fully stocked with beef and chicken! Good supply of pork as well.
Wild Flour Bakery will offer samples of its bread of the week, Molasses Multi-grain. Special orders are always welcome and can be picked up at the market.
Viereck Farms. PEAS: Shelling, Snow, Sugar Snap. Zucchini. Last week for asparagus.
Preservation. Ryan Harrison has been buying and pickling local produce for his Haddon Township store just off Haddon Avenue. Now he brings his creations to our Market for the first time. Expect to see him strolling the Market (if he can get away from his table) looking for anything that can be preserved in brine. Better yet: don’t let him get away from his table.
• NEW: Preservation (Pickles)
• Hercules Beard Company
• John & Kira’s Chocolate
• Origin Almond
• Blueberry Fields Artisan Soap
Artist of the Week
RELICS REVISITED. Aimee Eckert is a true friend of the Market. She juries our Artists of the Week program, coordinates artists and crafters for the Handmade Holidays, and takes her turn this week as our featured artist with her jewelry collection constructed from original photographs, vintage bits, metal, clothing, and reclaimed odds and ends.
VINTAGE CERAMIC AND WOOD NECKLACE
Music on 2 Stages
EAST STAGE MUSIC TENT. Sam Caruso (with or without one of his talented friends).
WEST STAGE BELOW PATCO. The incomparable Dave Kelly.
Don’t miss summer; it flees. Grab your reusable shopping bags and get thee to the Market.