Rain, rain, go away, come again . . . in August when we really need it.
It is spring in our hearts and nothing can stop the Market from opening right on time . . . that’s TOMORROW, Saturday May 07, promptly at 8am. Come by a few minutes early if you’d like to be part of the Opening Day Ribbon-Cutting photo with Market loyals; Borough Commissioner Joan Leonard; and Val Traore, CEO of the Food Bank of South Jersey. Look for the balloon arch!
Opening Day Highlights
- Ribbon-cutting 8am
- Live music from She Hates Me (East Stage) and David Kelly (West Stage)
- Chef Demo by Tricia Yeo from the Food Bank of South Jersey (purveyors of Just Peachy Salsa)
- Live alpacas from Windy Farm (near Perkins, under PATCO)
- Face-painting by Collingswood Odyssey of the Mind (near the alpacas . . . cuteness corner!)
- Make your own reusable T-Shirt shopping bag (bring a t-shirt to the middle of the Market).
- Stop by the FOFM tent for other ways to “Reduce the Use” of plastic bags, including Loaner Bags, and free paper bags from new Market Sponsor Audubon Savings Bank.
What’s in Seasons.
Hillacres Pride will have bacon from their free-range Berkshire heritage pigs on special this weekend in regular or nitrate-free cure. “We are also offering a special on the larger blocks of cheese we get when we cut down our handmade 40-lb. cheese blocks. Stop by and try some of our samples of cheese. We are also well-stocked with beef, chicken and pork from our Pennsylvania farm.”
Nature’s Own Farm of Columbus, NJ, will make its first appearance at the Market with eggs “from free range birds supplemented by non-GMO grain that is raised by all natural means.”
With the exception of Fruitwood Farm, all your favorite spring farms will be in attendance with edibles, plus plenty of herb, vegetable, and horticultural plants to start your gardens off right!
A full roster of Guest Vendors
- Cheese, Etc.
- MECHA Chocolates
- O Made Granola
- Fruits d’Heritage
- Green Aisle Grocery
- Market Day Canele
- Weckerly’s Ice Cream
- John & Kira’s Chocolate
- Constellation Collective
- Origin Almond
See you at the Opening on SAT MAY 07, marketgoers!
Don’t forget your reusable shopping bags!