We have it all for you this weekend, Jersey Fresh AND the incomparable annual festival of dandiness that is Mayfair.
Grab your reusable shopping bags and COME ON OUT!
News from our Official Market Bloggers
VEGAN “CREAM” OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
• Vegan “Cream” of Asparagus Soup. Denine Gorniak (The Bicycle-Chef). Les Viereck provided the “Jersey Grass” for this classic vegetable soup, creamy but without cream. LINK HERE.
• Capital Letter Farmers’ Markets. Natalie Winch (Food Empowerment Blog) identifies the difference between the lower-case and upper-case Markets. Guess what grade she gives our beloved Collingswood Market? LINK HERE.
• Make Room for ‘Shrooms! Patricia DiJulio (SOUTHJERSEYGIRLSGRUB) combined Davidsons’ criminis with Hillacres Pride sausage and scallions from Formisano to produce this classic. LINK HERE.
STUFFED MUSHROOM CAPS
What’s in Season
A T Buzby farm says: “We will be at the market with lots of juicy, sweet, strawberries, hot house tomatoes, asparagus, and beautiful tomato plants for your garden.”
Hillacres Pride does not attend the Market on Mayfair Saturday, but when they return on SAT JUN 04, they’ll be well stocked with beef, chicken, pork, and lots of cheese. Check back next week for their “Special of the week” item.
• The Mayfair week is the only one of the season when we’re dislodged from our usual location by about one block to the north. We set up along Irvin Avenue between Perkins Art Center and Haddon Avenue.
• Neil’s Sharpening Service (Bring out your knives!)
• Weckerly’s Ice Cream
• John & Kira’s Chocolates
• Origin Almond
• Fruits d’Heritage
• Philosopher’s Stone Massage and Wellness
NEIL’S SHARPENING SERVICE
The weather forecast looks glorious, Marketgoers! Don’t forget your reusable shopping bags!